1. Adam’s Story – Film of Dave telling Adam’s story supported by photo images and CCTV coverage of the night.
- Violence and Alcohol
- Personal and collective responsibility
- Effects of ‘banter’ with the wrong people
- Influence of young women
1b. Adam’s Character – Film of Dave telling talking about Adam’s character
- He was comfortable with who he was
- Not influenced by others to fit in
- Not worried about peer belonging or peer pressure
2. Consequences. Impact filmed interviews
- How can I make a difference?
- How can we stay safe and help others to be safe?
3. Podge’s Song – Written by Michael Strahan who had been a friend of Adam’s since their first day at Primary School
4. Drama Workshop – Supported by worksheet/discussion points
- What could have happened to change the outcome of the evening?
- At which points in the evening do you think things could have been very different?
- What influence do you think the girls had on that evening?
- Using Role play – produce two scenarios that have a different outcome.
5. Restorative Justice
Consequences from that night for the young man who threw the punch that killed Adam.
Discussion about sentencing:
- What is a fair sentence?
- What is the purpose of the sentence? Punishment/Public Safety/Rehabilitation
- Restorative practice
- Victim awareness
5b. Restorative Justice film clip (Granada Reports)
- Consequences from Dave’s RJ meeting
6. Police Interview – Supported by worksheet/discussion points.
- Safety in the town centres – police presence
- Effects of budget cuts on numbers of police available
- Dealing with people who have had large amounts of alcohol
- Changes in the Licensing Laws and the effect on Town Centres
7. Gift of life.
- A collection of filmed interviews with family, friends and professionals, who speak about organ donation.
- Information about how to become a donor.
- Having the conversation
7b. Film about transplant recipient – Mark Smith’s story. (BBC North West)