1. Adam’s Story – Film of Dave telling Adam’s story supported by photo images and CCTV coverage of the night
- Violence and Alcohol
- Personal and collective responsibility
- Effects of ‘banter’ with the wrong people
- Influence of young women
2. Consequences. Impact filmed interviews
- How can I make a difference?
- How can we stay safe and help others to be safe?
3 Drama Workshop – Supported by worksheet/discussion points
- What could have happened to change the outcome of the evening?
- At which points in the evening do you think things could have been very different?
- What influence do you think the girls had on that evening?
- Using Role play – produce two scenarios that have a different outcome
4. Police Interview – Supported by worksheet/discussion points
- Safety in the town centres – police presence
- Effects of budget cuts on numbers of police available
- Dealing with people who have had large amounts of alcohol
- Changes in the Licensing Laws and the effect on Town Centres
4b Restorative Justice film clip (Granada Reports)
Consequences from that night for the young man who threw the punch that killed Adam.
Discussion about sentencing and how do we know what is fair. What is the purpose of the sentence? Punishment/Public Safety/Rehabilitation
5. Gift of life.
- A collection of filmed interviews with family, friends and professionals, who speak about organ donation.
- Information about how to become a donor.
- Having the conversation
5b Film about transplant recipient - Mark Smith’s story. (BBC North West)
The z-fold leaflet has now been distributed to schools, youth clubs and community centres. It tells Adam's story and explains the consequences to all involved when someone has a momentory loss of control. It has already proved to be be a very useful tool to use when talking about the charity. We will be sending the leaflets out with the Education Packs to schools and colleges. If you would like some of the leaflets please email me with your contact details.
View enlargements onscreen by clicking these images.